Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Day 3 - No kids

This day has been a long one!  I had my alarm set at 7:30 so I could get up and get a bath before I headed out to get Taylor's furniture and the paint for her room.  I was so excited I found some things to match at Big Lots.  I got her hangers, and a laundry basket.  Then when I got to Lowes I found even more stuff to match!  They had a throw rug that's going to be just big enough to cover up the burn on the carpet, and a mirror!  The mirror is one that hangs over the door but her door is up to high so I'm going to see if I can't get David to put it up some other way.  I have complete faith in him that he can do it.  They also had some shelves at Lowes I was looking at but I wanted David with me before I got them.  Today I've been working on getting the rest of the stuff out of her room and started on Caiden's room some.  I think David and I have decided we're going to re-arrange Caiden's room so that we can fit both dressers in there and one of the book shelves.  I might possibly use one of the book shelves from Taylor's old bed in her room, but I haven't decided yet.  the rest of her furniture is going to be white and it's a pale wood color.

Anyway currently we have the first coat of blue on (I'm writing now because I wanted to share the pics and I've got to wait for that first coat to dry before I put the second coat on).  I have 2 coats of the green on already, but once it's all dry tomorrow I'll need to do some touch up.  Here are a few pictures.


The lighting is bad so the colors look a little off, plus the blue was just done and not quite dry yet.


This is the last of the pink.  To me this signifies my little girl is growing up and is no longer a little girl but a young woman.  She'll be 15 the end of this month.  I can't believe it.  It was just yesterday she was riding around in a pink Barbie Jeep and now she's about to start driving.



I did the green earlier today so the color is a little better.  The first 2 pics are of the first coat and the last ones you can see where I still need to touch it up.  I didn't like doing the green it seemed harder then the blue did.  Maybe because I was doing it wrong and needed the guidance of my husband...lol.






Ok that's it for the night.  I've got to go and put a second coat on the blue.

TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment