Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Finished Room!

Sorry I'm just now getting the finished product up, we were on vacation last week. I really loved the way it turned out.  Someone was supposed to get a picture of her face when she first saw it because I had to leave before she got home, but that didn't happen.  Oh well, she loved it so much she said she was crying...so I'd have to say I did good...lol.

After the painting David couldn't stand that there were spots on the trim...granted some was pink so he tapped off what he didn't like and painted the trim.


After he got all the trip done we started with the dresser...


Then we went on to the bed.



These were ALL day projects!  We did them on the 4th, and then finished getting everything ready on the 5th.  I didn't think we'd get it done but we did! 

When we moved in the bed was too long so we took off the closet door so she could get in her closet.  Now that you can see into the closet David put up a folding door for her.  She was excited about that.



The room set up...


We haven't put up the mirror yet because we wanted to know where she wanted it. I just happened to be looking around Lowes when I found the mirror and the rug to match.  (She's got a burn spot under the rug...but we won't go there!) I found the dirty clothes basket and hangers to match at Big Lots.  I was so excited!

To decorate she wanted to put sayings all over her wall...she picked out a bunch!  For her birthday I've asked that they get her these sayings...most can be purchased on Amazon.  So we've had a few come in already.  I wanted her to wait until I was there to help her put them on, but she couldn't wait, so with the help of Jessie she got a few up.  






There are still more she wants, and plenty of room to put them...Thanks to everyone who ordered some for her!  And thanks for mom for getting her comforter set and curtain...I think her 15th birthday will be a good one!

TTFN

2 comments: